This would not need to do particularly with spawn charges, nevertheless it does present how ‘uncommon’ a Pokemon is predicated on a catch price. You can infer a Pokemon’s spawn price by taking a look at it is catch price, normally. For instance, if a Pokemon’s base seize price is zero%, it should doubtless by no means spawn. While this reply is not 100% full, it gives respected sources, that specify all that we all know at this time limit.
Keep in thoughts that the next info has been extracted from the Pokemon Go supply code, and whereas its accuracy could appear possible and cheap, it isn’t but official. That being stated, that is what most individuals appear to consider at this level…
- Base Capture Rate: List of Pokemon
- 56%: Magikarp
- 48%: Oddish
- 40%: Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Ekans, Sandshrew, Nidoran (male), Nidoran (feminine), Jigglypuff, Zubat, Venonat, Diglett, Meowth, Psyduck, Mankey, Poliwag, Abra, Machop, Bellsprout, Tentacool, Geodude, Slowpoke, Magnemite, Doduo, Seel, Grimer, Shellder, Drowzee, Krabby, Voltorb, Exeggcute, Koffing, Rhyhorn, Horsea, Goldeen, Staryu
- 32%: Paras, Ponyta, Gastly, Cubone, Tangela, Eevee, Porygon, Omanyte, Kabuto, Dratini
- 24%: Clefairy, Vulpix, Growlithe, Farfetch’d, Mr. Mime, Scyther, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Pinsir, Tauros, Gloom
- 20%: Metapod, Kakuna, Pidgeotto, Nidorina, Nidorino, Poliwhirl, Kadabra, Machoke, Weepinbell, Graveler
- 16%: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pikachu, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Lickitung, Chansey, Lapras, Ditto, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Kangaskhan, Onix, Raticate, Fearow, Arbok, Sandslash, Wigglytuff, Golbat, Parasect, Venomoth, Dugtrio, Persian, Golduck, Primeape, Tentacruel, Slowbro, Magneton, Dodrio, Dewgong, Muk, Cloyster, Haunter, Hypno, Kingler, Electrode, Exeggutor, Weezing, Rhydon, Seadra, Seaking, Starmie
- 12%: Rapidash, Marowak, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Omastar, Kabutops, Vileplume
- 10%: Butterfree, Beedrill, Pidgeot, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Poliwrath, Alakazam, Machamp, Victreebel, Golem
- eight%: Ivysaur, Charmeleon, Wartortle, Raichu, Clefable, Ninetales, Arcanine, Gyarados, Dragonair, Gengar
- four%: Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Dragonite
- zero%: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew
Keep in thoughts that base seize price means the likelihood or probability that you’ll catch a Pokemon with a PokeBall, with no throw bonus, curveball, Razz Berry, or some other characteristic that will increase or decreases your probability. You can learn right here about what elements can alter catch price.
So to reply your query, the rarest Pokemon (primarily based on base seize price) are Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, and Mew.
From the above statistics, you’ll be able to see that there are 5 Pokemon which are at the moment not catchable (with a base seize price of zero%), together with Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, and Mew. There is theory that these Pokemon shall be “given away” at Niantic occasions. It can be fascinating to notice that the ever mysterious Ditto has a base catch price of 16%so if anybody can discover it, it is not uncatchable. However, this can be a small level of discrepancy. If Ditto’s spawn price may very well be modeled off of its base seize price, then Ditto can be as frequent as many different Pokemon, equivalent to Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Pikachu. Similar exceptions might be seen with Pokemon equivalent to Aerodactyl and Snorlax, which have the identical base seize price because the 4* starters, however appear to spawn a lot much less typically. You should take these statistics with a grain of salt, however they’re an important place to start out forming conclusions.
This may also recommend that Ditto happens simply as generally because the starters, however is masquerading as a distinct Pokemonand no one has found out the way to make it “un-transform.”
It’s additionally essential to notice that regional Pokemon may have a spawn price of zero% outdoors of their respective areas.
EDIT: I additionally discovered this this web page that reveals extra about how spawn price is calculated normally.
EDIT 2: As requested, I discovered some extra basic details about basic spawns, which might be watch in this video or examine at this web page. Both sources clarify this, however the web site hyperlink particularly explains the place to search out differing kinds of Pokemon, which, as @KazWolfe said, reveals the existence of biomes and/or nests in Pokemon Go.
Here is a useful video that primarily summarizes the entire above info in a visible, simple to know trend.
*The three common starters (Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander) plus Pikachu