Welcome, new travelers! Learn: About the Silph Road » Contribute your data to the Global Nest Atlas »
The Silph Road is a grassroots network of Pokémon GO™ trainers.
What does it do?
The Silph Road is a friendly, active community focused on three objectives:
- Constructing a real-world network of Pokemon GO enthusiasts
- Researching and discussing game mechanics and strategy
- Helping newbies improve and learn
Sweet. How do I join?
- Read the intro thread
- Assign yourself the correct subreddit flair via the sidebar. (Only visible on desktop mode!)
- Then head to the Web app and authenticate with your Reddit account to be able to contribute!
Finally, subscribe to the subreddit (above) and/or if you’re on Twitter, follow the handle @TheSilphRoad to receive updates on the Road network’s development.
Join us and help us build the world’s most awesome network of GO enthusiasts!
Safe travels, friend!
Comment & Submission Rules
Familiarize yourself with our guidelines, traveler! This is not a general discussion board!
- Our Focus: learning about game mechanics and building the Silph Road!
- Rude/snarky/elitist visitors are shown the door. Keep it constructive and friendly!
- This is not the place to vent! Niantic games are a marathon, not a finished product. We keep an open mind and optimistic perspective.
- Tools or scripts which illicitly access Niantic’s servers are not propagated nor advocated on the Road. Here, we honor Niantic’s appeal to the community to keep things in the spirit of the game!
- Above all, we keep it drama-free and chill here. Controversial topics and drama will need to be hashed out elsewhere. No exceptions. We’re here to enjoy a game, after all. 🙂
This is a place to enjoy the game and learn together while building the Silph Road network!
Silph Road Guidelines: /r/TheSilphRoad/wiki/rules
Timeline of Events
A lot is happening, travelers! Here’s a quick summary of the recent major events on the Road. For a full history, visit our Comprehensive Historical Timeline wiki page!
Date Jul 22 First Pokemon GO Fest in Chicago Jul ?? Raid system beta rollout begins Jun ?? Silph Road launches local centers in every town Jun ?? New Gym system launches after forced app update Jun 21 Solstice Event ends at 1pm PDT
Date Jun 19 Pokemon GO Fest tickets go on sale & sell out in minutes Jun 19 Gyms temporarily disabled “for a short period of time” in preparation for major game update. #hype Jun 13 Solstice (Fire/Ice) Event begins at 1pm PDT
Date May 25 Adventure Week ends May 20 Banwave and shadowban system added for illicit (botting) accounts May 18 Adventure Week event begins, bringing 1/4 buddy distance and widespread Rock-type spawns May 10 v0.63.1 brings Brazilian language support, medal progress UI tweaks, and hints about “raids” May 9 Grass event ends May 7 First “experimental” Knight Foundation + PoGO event (Open Streets) at Charlotte, NC May 6 Anti-snipe measure softbans for capture/encounter disparity May 5 Grass event begins bringing 6-hour Lures and increased grass spawns in some areas May 4 Niantic announces partnership with the Knight Foundation for future events May 2 Promo code box appears in in-game Shop on Android May 1 Niantic support accounts officially join Reddit community
Date Mar 29 Water Festival ends Mar 22 First Shiny Pokemon (Magikarp) captured in wild. Mar 22 Water Festival begins Mar 22 v0.59.1 brings a guaranteed evolution item on 7th-day bonus, egg acquisition dates, preemptive ‘shiny’ Pokedex sprites, gender icons, and other UI tweaks Mar 10 The Silph Research Group decodes egg rarity tiers Mar 4 v0.57.4 brings (actual) minor text fixes Mar 1 Tatsuo Nomura confirms “[Trading] won’t be through the internet … The person needs to be in your proximity.”
For a full history, visit our Comprehensive Historical Timeline wiki page!