You can calculate the eligible gyms for ex-raid in an particular space. Let’s overview what we all know concerning the ex-raids:
- EX Raids are created based mostly on Level 12 S2 cells. Each cell can solely host one EX raid per “invitation cycle”
- EX Raids can solely occur at gyms which can be both sponsored or positioned in a park associated OpenStreetMap tag
- Gyms that hosted a raid earlier than can and can host an EX Raid once more, there isn’t any diminishing returns
- Ex Raids may be triggered and there could possibly be some randomness to it
- An EX Raid is triggered provided that the gymnasium reaches a minimal quantity of raid exercise because the final invitation cycle
EX Raids can solely happen as soon as inside every S2 cell that passes over your native space. S2 cells are a easy mathematical method to describe a sphere’s geometry. S2 cells come in numerous sizes, usually denoted as ranges, and they’re usually utilized by builders to create zones on spherical objects, just like the planet Earth.
Niantic makes use of them to regulate climate, create gyms, outline Pokémon catch / hatch areas, and so forth… For this step we’ll be utilizing the Level 12 S2 cell geometry.
An organization named Sidewalk Labs created an unimaginable instrument that attracts Level 12 cells over a Google Map. Head over to their Region Converter and do the next:
- Navigate the map to your native space (our instance, Split)
Set the parameters within the high left field to: min stage 12, max stage 12, max cells 10
- Use one of many drawing instruments (sq., circle, pin) to pick a map space the place you need to visualize Level 12 S2 cells
Now which you could see your native S2 cells, keep in mind that an EX Raid can solely happen as soon as per cell per cycle. Raiding 100 gyms inside one cell doesn’t profit you as a lot as raiding a dozen of eligible gyms in a better variety of cells.
You can see extra data on this superb information: https://pokemongohub.net/gym-raid-update/comprehensive-guide-trigger-ex-raids/